Wellington, New Zealand
Northeastern University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China, 09/2005-03/2008
Master Degree of Engineering, Major in Computer Application Technology
Qingdao University, Qingdao, Shandong, China, 09/2001-06/2005
Bachelor Degree of Engineering, Major in Computer Science and Technology
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails (9 years)
- RSpec, Cucumber (7 years)
- Objective-C, Cocoa Touch (1.5 years)
Software engineer, Oct 2015 - Current
- Cohort Solutions, I work for the company on a range of web apps, from backend to frontend, for the backend, I am basically responsible for developing new features and fixing bugs for the services we have split into small chunks, for the frontend, it’s more of React.
Software engineer, Jul 2014 - Oct 2015
- Powershop, supplies power to all kinds of homes and businesses in Australia and New Zealand. I am a problem solver trying to fix incidents, come up with elegant solutions to the new features as well as refactor the existing code to make it more readable.
Payment Infrastructure Architect, Apr 2011 - May 2014
Bindo.com, is an online store which enables immediate local payment procurement for same-day product delivery that is merchant-specific. I am architecting and fine-tuning the multi-redundancy back-end within PCI-Compliant frameworks using DUKPT end-to-end encryption methodology.
Bindo POS, is a point of sale system and immediate single-instance marketplace for local retail businesses. I am building a multi-redundant hosting environment within a public / private cloud, managing all different aspects vital to retail store operations.
- I am architecting addition layers of payment processing to the existing API within an encrypted and PCI-Compliant environment.
Senior Engineer, Oct 2009 - Apr 2011
- Gamestreamer, is an online game-trading platform. The majority of my work was on the backend administration interface for game vendors. Refactoring was crucial. Thus I directed and managed the code for unit, functional and acceptance tests to increase the robustness.
- Avascent, is an online report and chart visualization platform built for big-data analysis. I architected the system from the ground-up, including the frontend and backend business logic, unit tests, functional tests and acceptance tests.
Oak Pacific Interactive
Engineer, Oct 2008 - Oct 2009
- I collaborated in building up an internal CMS, for the UI/UX staff managing the materials used in the process of development. The CMS contains version management with which individuals can retrieve all the changes to the materials and dump/restore the changes as deemed necessary.
Red Hat, Inc., China R&D Center
Quality Assurance Engineer, Mar 2008 - Oct 2008
- In charge of writing tests suite for the LSB (Linux Standard Base); made sure all the software shipped with Redhat Enterprise Edition and Fedora met the standard set provided by LSB. Directed the development of a set of tool chains to automate the testing process, while making sure no software changes would break the regression tests.
Intel China Research Center
Intern, June 2006 - Mar 2008
- Increased the extensibility and maintainability of the testing framework and reduced the code handcrafted efforts by 93.75% by introducing General Programming idiom.
- Optimized the correctness and the efficiency of a multi-core project by introducing CPPUNIT.
- Doubled the performance of an algorithm application, the application became the benchmark for the performance profiling, by researching the serial version, writing the parallel code, testing the correctness, profiling and optimizing the algorithm.